teaser for a new folder: mech works . the first of a series of ten mechs. just a teaser, pictures will follow a lot later... . Iron Maiden.
The following pages are a hommage to mechcreators all over the pages. I took lots of inspiration and good lessons on Jeff Ranjo, Brian Kescenovitz, Nunoyo Bizznizz, Bob Flux, Mike Yoder, Ryu Kwi, Matt S., Uspez Morbo, Dennis Coh, Mark Neumann, Darkspawn & Mathew Rames.
This is my first try on mechs in general, so I tried to keep it to simple designs. Meaning not minifigmanned, no Z-legs and no militarian look (due to a short on grey). The biggest challenges were:
- hiding the moving joints and still keep it poseable
- creating shapes I hadn't seen before
- sticking to 2 or 3 colours
- creating new feet designs
- getting out bricks I useally don't
- trying some variations on guns, canons, lasers, weaponry in general
- and balance
the fun parts to do were:
- no limits on proportions
- I really love doing the feet!
- lots of alien features, especially the head
next of ten to come are: Nebula and Iron Maiden.
yeah, I know, first the names and then the creations. Hey, that's just me!
Tips and hints are welcome!!!