4-DOF Robot Arm Prototype with LEGO Mindstorms EV3
About this creation
This prototype is a part of my exploration into different manipulator/arm/grip configurations, suitable for inclusion as part of a mobile platform.
Prototype 1 Pro's:
* Sturdy constriction with relatevely few bricks
* Easily lifts its own considerable weight
* Large turn-tables provide a wide rotation angle for the arm joint
* Large and small-turntables used for joints are very stable - no sideways movement
Prototype 1 Cons:
* Probably to heavy to be a part of a mobile platfor/"car" moving at above snails pace
* Not very pretty
* Since the arm was to sit on top of a vehicle - not much thought has been put into balancing the construction when placed on a flat table (beyond using ev3 brick as counter-balance).
NOTE: Grip part is copied from design by Eric Sophie (http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/142970), with slight modification to fit into large turntable.