I wanted to make the feet seem to support weight so I thought the rounded discs worked well for the effect.
The lean, elongated body style of Eva's increases that organic aspect of them and makes their moves more fluid and organic.
This next set of photos is taken from a left side angle as some details can't be seen from a head-on view.
I attempted to merge the aesthetics of the shin guards into the knee armour.
One aspect of the Eva's from the anime which I wanted to reflect here is that they seem to have pronounced 'chins' and I think it adds to their unique look.
A design aspect of the Eva's I didn't use in this moc is the layered areas around the neck and upper back so this is more blocky and less organic in appearance.
I was also hoping to make some representation of an entry plug here but it didn't work out.
The moc is fairly pose-able as it has a good amount of joints, it's just not very stable so many poses can't be achieved without the use of a stand. I didn't make one for this moc so the posing is pretty bland.
"Oh no, the restraints are gone!"
Another fart of the Evangelion series is that the shoulder pylons on the Eva's serve as restraints/inhibitors to contain the Eva's raw power as well as being storage for the Progressive-Knife that each Eva has.
I always liked that when an Eva goes berserk, the jaw restraints/armour breaks open and the actual mouth of the Eva is revealed.
As my Eva can't lean back for the berserk state due to stability issues, I had to make a small stand for the torso to go onto to achieve the shot.
It looks quite nice without the legs and I think a decent base would make this into a decent bust.
For an added bonus, here's the Evangelion logo in LEGO colours.
This moc is primarily system as can be clearly seen and also it is not a moc of any particular Eva, it just uses the base design of a lean humanoid with the distinct design of the shoulder pylons.
The original plan was to have it primarily black with lime green being the secondary colour and grey areas like hands, feet and other minor parts. After I was only halfway through the torso however, it was already looking bland so I tried a few colours like yellow, orange and even increasing the usage of grey but purple seemed to work best. I know it looks like I've copied that from Eva Unit 01 but it's just what worked.