Monday morning about 9:37 Madison County Dispatch (MCD) received a call from His and Hers Beauty Salon that a hair dryer with an occupant was smoking and sparking. MCD immediately dispatched two city police units and engines from Citizen's (Station 40), Excelsior (Station 110), Veterans (Station 300) and the tower from Friendship (Station 160). Minifigs from the salon assisted in rescuing the minifig that was seated in the dryer. Fire crews used several exhaust fans to clear the room. The fire marshal arrived on the scene and discovered that the wires in the power cord had become exposed. Damage was minimal.
Within minutes crews were en enroute from Excelsior(110).
Friendship's Tower(160)en route.
Excelsior's(110) engine and Friendship's(160) tower at the scene.
Citizen's Hose Company(40) located only half a block away arriving on scene with several member of the department running across the street from the station.
Engine crew from Veteran's(300) arriving on scene.
Firemen from Citizen's(40) and Friendship(169) lining Sheridan Street.
MCD called American Engine Company(10) to standby in station.