Transformable Mech to Hoverjet. Alternate model built using parts from Ninjago Kai Fire Mech and Creator Red Rotors.
About this creation
After all these years of building LEGO-formers, I hope my MOCs can be
accessible/replicated and enjoyed by others easily, without the hassle of
sourcing the right parts to build them. This year I am starting a personal
"crusade" to make this happen, as opportunities finally presents itself:- in the
form of many official LEGO sets with balljoints and decent number of wedges and
I wouldn't aim for big sets with huge selection of parts however. I hope to make
things affordable out there to average Joes and Janes to get started to
recreating my MOCs =)
As a starter, I paired up one Creator set with a small Ninjago and come up with
.... Kai Rotormech!
And since I'm very proud and excited of this maiden endeavour of mine, I even
compiled the building instructions and hope you guys can immediately give
it a try. This project is one of the few in recent years in which I pat myself
on the back for a "job well done" coz it took me just 2 days to build, and in
such conservative manner as well too!
I almost didn't make it after I noticed the balljoints
weren't so "optimal" for my use at first inspection. Luckily the
intermediate piece for the joint (the red flaps) has a hole which fits a
finger part (there's 2 in Kai Fire Mech, 1 of them spare). The extra
protusion have been turned into shoulder cannons!
The effect above was unintentional. The camera shake caused it. I decided to
retain this photo because I felt it looks kinda artistic :)
If you're tempted to build one on your own.. it's time to
pay my blog a visit :)
Thanks for posting these instructions. I found your site from the tfarchive forum. So far I've built your muchs from the dino creator set, Thunder Wings, and this one. I modified this one slightly to add the wheels from the rotor set so the hovercraft mode can roll. First, I replaced the tile with the sticker with two red dots with one pair of rotor wheels.
Second, I removed the two black discs from behind the shoulders. Then, I reversed the black pieces so they slope away from the spine, not towards it. Then, I replaced the black discs so they connected to the black slope pieces and the grey tubes. This left them the same height as before, but with a two stud gap in between. Remove the orange tile and put the second set of wheels on the brown tile.