This is 1924 FWD Model B Triple-Combination Pumper. It has a 500 gpm Northern rotary pump, a 40 gallon chemical booster tank and hose bed with a capacity of 1200 feet of standard 2 1/2 inch cotton jacketed fire hose.
About this creation
The Four-Wheel-Drive Auto Company is known best by the moniker “FWD”. The company was founded in Clintonville Wisconsin, in 1910 to sell all-wheel drive trucks, which featured Otto Zachow’s patented “double Y” ball and socket universal joint. By 1918 FWD was the world’s largest builder of four-wheel-drive trucks.
In 1913 FWD introduced Model B truck. The Model B made it reputation for toughness in World War One. After the War it was adapted for the fire service.
The Model B with its four-wheel drive could get through the roughest of road conditions. FWD was so confident in the Model B it even marketed Model B pumpers with snowplows. BFD552@gmail.com.