The Sturmgeschütz IV (StuG IV) (Sd.Kfz. 167), was a German assault gun of the Second World War.
From December 1943 to May 1945, Krupp built 1,108 StuG IVs and converted an additional 31 from battle-damaged Panzer IV hulls. While the number is smaller than the 9000+ StuG III, the StuG IV supplemented and fought along with StuG III during 1944-45, when they were most needed.
The StuG IV became known as an effective tank killer, especially on the Eastern Front.
It had a four-man crew, and was issued mainly to infantry divisions.
* Commander in hull left rear
* Gunner in hull left center
* Loader in hull right rear
* Driver in hull left front