The Dutch Space Navy recently bought 148 of these TS Delft class thin ships. It's a public secret that the DSN is little more than a privateering fleet, so these pirating little ships could really become a serious menace.
About this creation
This is a regular thin ship (as opposed to a 1 stud wide ultra thin ship), a striking fighter with as little surface turned towards the enemy as possible.
- Scale: minifig
- Class: thinship (2 studs wide, except for the shielded canopy)
- Manufacturer: New Zaandam Space Docks
- Affiliation: Dutch Space Navy
- Length: 19.4 metres
- Width: 60 cm (excl. canopy), total width: 1.3 metres (incl. canopy)
- Engines: 8 fusion thrusters + cooling
- Speed: 23 G
- Power source: 2 normal nuclear fusion reactors
- Weapons: 1 high-power rapid fire plasma cannon, turret consisting of 4 turbo lasers, 4 high power ion cannons (retractable)
- Defence: being rather thin; cooling system
- Personnel: 1 (pilot/gunner)
- Consumables: none
Surpise! Four retractable high power ion cannons (two on each side) can be folded out to increase weapon range.
Front view with ion cannons folded and deployed. The picture on the right is the obligatory bumshot. Mmmm thrusters.
Top shot to fully appreciate its thinness. It have a feeling this canopy setup still is a bit too wide, so I was toying with the idea of giving it only one half of a dome. Maybe on some later model, if ever.
The pilot and his controls. The cockpit doesn't have its own oxygen filtering system, so the pilot has to wear a space suit to supply him with fresh air and pressure. This reduces the operational range of this fighter greatly.