This is an amazing new discovery of how to add DOUBLE shoulder guards/ pauldrons to your minifig and/or clone.
About this creation
? wow? how does he do it?
Well, I'll show you, in step by step action repl-INSTRUCTIONS!
Do YOU want to see how?
Ah, so there's a backpack.
These are the pieces you will need. (colors are interchangable)
1. take the one stud backpack converter thingamajig-o-magic and place it on the minifig's back
2. place the "vent" piece on the stud. if it is for a clone, you need it to be as low on the back as you can so that the helmet will fit. with other minifigs, i think it's cooler to have it up higher, at the half-stud point.
wait, where'd the head go?
3. uh oh! the head's rolling away!
3. (continued) Place the head on the torso of the minifig.
4. Now, take a visor piece and place it over the shoulder.
4. (continued) see how the little knob on the visor fits into the slots on the vent? the other side of the visor just rests, locked against the torso.
5. Now for the other side.
5. (continued) Notice how this time the knob and the whole side of the visor is lower down the back than the other one? It's the only way it will fit. Still looks fancy from the front!
I want to see you using this double shoulder guard/pauldron design in your next minifig MOC! I hope you take this idea and put it to good use. Now before you go, please read the text below for the sake of the creators and engineers at work to bring you this design.
Now, you probably are about to go add this to your custom clone commander, and I hope you do, but remember that I'd like some credit for showing you how. The person who originally found the single shoulder guard didn't get credit because people took his idea for themselves. I don't even know who he/she is but who ever you are out there! this MOC's inspiration was your amazing lego discovery.
Halo Assault rifle courtesy of Brickarms!
Thank you for your comment,
see you 'round the 'pages!
EDIT- apparently Andreas Hottler (CC) had originally discovered this but hadn't show people how to do it. Credit for original discovery goes to Andreas. Credit for rediscovery and how to goes to me.
Quoting High Admiral Marcus
I'm using this idea, I will give credit...and if your talking about me not giving credit for the single one....I DID. lol, I just hope you we'ren't talking about me. Great job btw.
Quoting Scoot B.
Very nice, but before I attempt this, is it going to stretch the visors?
I dont think so, wait let me test it now. no, i think its ok. tell me if i'm wrong though. i dont leave them on for too long though. I just put them on for pictures and not for around the house. but if you want to "play" with them on. then I recommend no to, just in case. It worked fine for me though
You have signed up for the 2009 MocOlympics. Please email me with your name written in the body of the email and that you're ready to compete at email@example.com. I need your email as your "placement number" for the games. Thanks ~ Chris.
Wow..thats really simple! I'm gonna do that now! The second part of my Nightmares comic is up, I worked ages on special effects, I hope you like it - your dominance is in the background sometimes, blowing EOS up!