I'll begin by saying that roughly 60% of the credit for this thing goes to this guy -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/pyrefyre/ for his brilliant hardsuit torso. The other 40% is mine. Now, the first thing you'll actually notice about this, I think, is the new photography techniques I used. I place full blame on my new room. See, my family just moved and my new room is NOT conducive to the nice, convenient setup I used to have. The was a blessing in disguise without a doubt. Thanks to a couple of multi-brightness LED lights placed underneath the sheet to distill the light, I was able to balance out the lighting beautifully and get some pretty cool shots in. But enough of my befuddling and frankly unnecessary banter. Enjoy!
About this creation
If you managed to bear with me all the way down to here...
You deserve a medal.
My personal favorite part about this hardsuit is it's dynamic nature.
But what do you think?
Please rate and comment.
I love feedback and opinions as well as advice and suggestions.
Keep on building ~ Nowhereman
Nice job, Nowhereman... I love the use of the legs for the... well... legs. The wheels rock as well... wow. I have played around with the pyreframe a bit, and I have to say that it is has to be the most versatile, coolest, well-scaled, easily customizable hardsuit design EVER. I didn't go as far as you did on this guy, but I can see how easy it is to make your own... cool. I love the running pose, by the way. It looks like it could go REALLY fast. Neat!
Very nice! It's well articulated and strong enough to pose (but I bet it's a pain in the ass). And I agree with you, it's got a very dynamic feel. Some constructive criticism: in the more action-oriented poses the arms look really small to me; probably because the legs can stretch so far. Also, I think there are too many different colors - it's likely what you had, but some better color grouping would be nice (I suggest getting rid of the black if you can). Both of these issues are pretty minor and tend to disappear in some of the images you have (because of the pose, shape, and angle).
Ah yes, I forgot. You can consider those two fuzzy photos at the bottom to be your preview for my Mach-2 update that I'll be posting, hopefully later today, along with an important notice. Pieces ~ Nowhereman
Awesome job Mowhereman. I agree with you that the legs are quite well-designed, especially since they're original. The overall shape of this design is excellent, and the idea of using those curved bits to represent 'motion lines' was a very brilliant one. Fantastic job! Also, on a completely unrelated note, I still need ideas for which Metroid enemy to build. I can't decide things like this on my own!