My most scary creation yet! 22 inches(56 cm) of black terror! She's heartless and likes to devour her preys! see more!
About this creation
Blackurse stalking pose
Blackurse has a six inch wide hands!
Backside of Blackurse to reveal her spiny back!
Blackurse chest can be opened up revealing an empty cavity. Didn't I say she was HEARTLESS!
Blackurse Jaw can open as much as 3 inches wide. Her head can be tilted up/down and left/right.
Blackurse, the Devourer Demoness
Blackurse was once the beautiful countess, Tessa, who was heartless in the way she treated her minions. Any little mistake that her servants would make would be met by the most cruel punishment. Tessa craved seeing blood spilled and hearts ripped out. Because Tessa believe in preserving her youth, she is said to have bathed also in a pool of the blood of her servants who suffered immensely from her cruelty.
After many years of oppression, the toas around her revolted to put an end of her horrific actions. After being captured, Tessa was tied on a stake and burned alived while cheers erupting from the crowd seeing her suffer.
Yet as Tessa's fair skin turned black as she burned, she was reborn and transformed by the powerful sorceror demon Marudak who took interest in her to become Blackurse, the devourer demoness.
Now, more powerful and more evil, Blackurse does the bidding of Marudak. She enjoys killing the innocent and the powerless, ripping their hearts out after which she devours it!
With powerful deadly nails, very quick agility, a gigantic mouth with sharp teeths and a shreek that can make anyone cower in fear, Blackurse is one powerful scary demoness.
My intention in making this creations are the following:
1. Make a moc that would look original, cool, scary and the most evil looking.
2. Make the moc big and complex with full articulation capabilities.
2. Join the Bionicle Flagship Display contest on Black Fantasy creation.
This creation is a complex one with movable jaws that can open 3 inches wide. The head can be moved up and down and left/right. Its tongue can be moved also. Her arms ,legs, fingers,and toes can also be moved and posed. Her chest can be opened with a cavity inside.( Did you know that I actually pondered on putting worms or maggots inside her chest cavity before I picture her to make her more scary and repulsive? However, I figured many viewers might think of me as being weird as compared to a innovative mocer, so I changed my mind.Haha!)
Blackurse stands around 22 inches and weighs around 2 pounds. There are very few colored blue pins(since I ran out of black pins) but these are not much visible and are cleverly hidden.
All in all, this moc took me around a total of 14 hours to finish.
I hope you guys would comment(negative or positive comment is ok with me).
"Creeeeepy" That thing makes me want to make a demon hunter sworn to KILL demons (including her) but the moc itself is amazing!! great, good (creepy), exquisite (disturbing!!), moc!
P.S. I think you should make Marudak the demon sorcerer cuz that'd be pretty cool :)
wow just saw today while i was looking for new techniqus(you`ll see them in: Chad :)) and i realised a moc i`m working on , the leviathan, is similer. anywho... i realy like it cool head(how bulk up huge heads/fill them in?)
Quoting Josh Barron-Proeliator of the 74th floor
Very nice... creepy... I was... wandering whe...whether... you could... give... give some... tips... on making... heads...
Here are my style(steps and tips) in designing bio-moc heads as you requested. PART 1----->
1. I design the head of the bio moc first before I do the rest. It is my belief that a head should dictate the overall look of the moc.
2. I seldon use heads, and helmets that Lego used already with their commercial release. It defeats the original look of the moc and just make it a mutated figure or transplanted look effect. Anybody can just get transplant a head but not every one can make a unique head. This is the reason why I don't collect much mask and instead collect more parts, pins, feet and armor parts.
3. Choosing the correct eyes if there is important. A good contrast color always looks better. Neon orange is still my favorite but I go for neon green sometimes.
4. The kind of teeth would depend on the look that you want to achieve. Good color choice for teeth would be white, silver, black, and red.
5. Achieving articulation of the head and its features is the hardest part and you really need to figure out by yourself thru trial and error or experience. The problem with articulation of the head is that you would need more small parts to make it. I use from as low as 10 parts to 50 or more parts to do a head. The other problem with making articulated heads is that after you finish, you might get a bigger head which forces you to then make a bigger body to go along with it.
Here are my style(steps and tips) in designing bio-moc heads as you requested. PART 2----->
6. Here is something to remember also in designing head.
a. For humanoid or toa mocs, head to body proportion is important to many viewers.(I find this a problem since there is a size limit in making ordinary toa as such designing an articulated head with many parts is close to impossible.)
b. For Rahi mocs, head size is immaterial as long as you can get away with it.
c. For demon mocs, head size may not necessarily need to be proportion to its body as long as you achieve that demon(evil) effect.
7. Visualize first before making it. In my case, I already have a head and body design in my head before I even get to work on the moc. I will probably get close to 75 to 80 percent of what I want to achieve. I don't expect a 100 percent because there is only a limit of bionicle parts.
8. I choose colors that will accentuate the head most of the time and match it to the body.
9. Lastly, the head should go for many revisions before you post it. Look at the head in all angles, does it look nice or is something amiss. In my case, I average around 3 minor revisions before it gets posted to get that perfect look that I want whether it be a three headed dragon or a black scary demon.
Quoting Ryan T. M.
amazing... 5/5 but the head is too big
actually her head did go to many revisions alrdy. I wanted her to look scary enough. The problem seems to be d black effect rule for d black fantasy contest of which i could not use a contrasting white teeth with red tongue as such i just gave the next best thing which is to overemphasize the mouth which can open up very wide to reveal her many black teeth and highlight large long fingers with visible nails. It is a demon anyway so i figured human proportion is not necessary.