It has come to the attention of the DAS that your skills, while certainly considerable, have not really been put to any new tests lately.
TO THAT END, DAS ISSUES THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGE:
All Generals are urged to participate in OPERATION MARKET CHEWBACKA GARDEN.
1. Build a dio (yes, any size, vig to full size)
2. Your DIO must have a name that includes the battle being represented.
3. Post name of your DIO and link to DIO on OPERATION MARKET CHEWBACCA GARDEN THREAD.
4. Featuring ANY Lego wookie minifig (or any number of them).
5. In ANY REAL historical battle from EARTH (Hastings, Gettysburg, Stalingrad, whatever)
6. Post it in the MOC pool on MONDAY 15 JULY 2013 (not BEFORE, and not AFTER).
7. No MODS, no non-Lego, no paint, no glue, no customs.
8. DIGITAL BUILDS ARE ALLOWED.
9. Smack is encouraged.
THE WINNER WIL BE SELECTED POPULAR VOTE.
1. Votes must be placed on the OPERATION MARKET CHEWBACCA GARDEN THREAD (copy the example provided at the top of the thread).
2. Only votes from DA generals on the DA MAP will count.
3. Post votes on OPERATION MARKET CHEWBACKA GARDEN THREAD on TUESDAY 16 JULY 2013 (not BEFORE and not AFTER).
4. A tie vote means NOBODY WINS!
THE WINNER WILL RECEAVE…VERY LITTLE.
1. The winner will be dubbed “King or Queen of the planet of the Chewbaccas!”
2. I will refer to the winner as “King or Queen So-and-so” in ALL subsequent postings.
3. Chewbacca will probably come to your aid when you are attacked in real life situations (like muggings and home invasions).
4. Your DA colleagues will really dig you and want to be just like you when they grow up!
If this posting confuses you, makes you angry, or disappoints you on a deep emotional level… blame General Mitchell. NO WAY I would have thought of this without his inspiration! (http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/364525 )
5. THIS EFFORT IS COMPLEATLY EXTERNAL TO THE DA GAME. IT HAS NOT EFFECT ON ANY ASPECT OF THE DA GAME. PARTICIPATION IS TOTALLY OPTIONAL! Permalink
Alas, I have no Wookies. But I just received a BL order and have updated my squad with some very cool stuff. Expect to see it soon! (Plus I got a ton of dark grey 1x? pieces for walls and backgrounds. Wahoo!) Permalink
Quoting Stuart Lucas
How's Africa treating you, George? Be seeing you there sooner than you might think...
I'm actually leaving now! It was interesting, to say the least. Many cool things to see and do! I'm not sure if that last part was a subtle message that you are going to attack me, or just a statement saying that you are visiting Africa... Permalink
Quoting Michael Rutherford
So, what news from the front?
You caught me at the wrong time, Mr. Rutherford, I'm just leaving now! It was a grey trip, but I couldn't stay updated with the DA because of NO INTERNET! THE HORROR! But it was great to take my mind off of things like this and really become invested in the trip, not taking away time for computer purposes. I wish I could get answers to these questions from my guide, but he's long gone! I hope you find these answers soon! Permalink
Quoting George Marshall
I'm actually leaving now! It was interesting, to say the least. Many cool things to see and do! I'm not sure if that last part was a subtle message that you are going to attack me, or just a statement saying that you are visiting Africa...
Africa's not that far from me but I have no plans to visit this summer... actually my comment was just a bit of smokescreen to try and mislead people about who I was about to attack. Glad you had a good trip though! Permalink
It's a little known fact, but Chewbaccas contribution to the Operation Market Garden planning effort was a source of great friction between Montgomery and Eisenhower. Chewbacca’s recommendation that we "tear the arms off" of the Germans was strongly endorsed by Montgomery, but Eisenhower felt that the use of small arms and armor would move the battle to a favorable outcome more quickly. It was only when the Gimmly the dwarf offered the compromise of using large axes against the Germans, that the allied generals were able to reach consensus and proceed with the plan. Permalink