Greetings people of MOCPages, I am here on behalf of the LotT team to bring you yet another contest. As you might've heard, we can't model all rahi and think of their custom designs in a short time's notice, and including more rahi would delay the mod progress greatly. So, we've decided to ask the community for aid. All you need to do is create custom rahi models, and if your design wins, it will appear in the game! Details below:
Lastly, these are the parts that can be replaced with a modified version. If you use one of these parts, please specify which version do you want them to be, aside from the inika armor piece, seeing as there is only one version. If these pieces are used, and the replacement is not specified, we will choose the replacement ourselves: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3768/12131779685_4a6242dae3_o.jpg
All in all, you should focus on the 2001-2003 parts, while avoiding the ones that appeared later. As for Kanohi, only the 2001 Kanohi can be used. We still do not have finished models of the turaga masks, but we plan on including them in the mod. Color does not matter here, as long as the design looks good. We'd prefer if you made your designs with a decent color scheme however, since they're easier to judge than rainbow warriors.
Despite all this, some winning entries might not appear in the game, either because a fitting animation can't be found or if it proves too difficult to render. If a design wins, nobody should consider it a final design that will appear in the game. Whilst it will be remodeled to fit the game, the model will still be recognizable as the original design. Any number of entries are allowed in each category.
Do note that this contest is held on multiple sites (All Piece Out extensions, CBW and their extensions, and possibly BZP.), and thus, if you have entered on one of these sites, there is no need to enter here. If the site you entered on is a PO extension, I'll just add a link to the entry in the entry doc.
Categories are as follows:
1. Your Rahi design must be a redesign of a Rahi that has been seen in any form of 2001-2003 BIONICLE media (Meaning only canon appearances allowed). A completely custom design may be accepted if it doesn't have an official set or the set doesn't do it justice. But that's only if the design is good enough.
2. The designs must be made of solely BIONICLE and TECHNIC parts. Hero Factory parts are NOT allowed. Considering this is a BIONICLE Mod, seeing Hero Factory pieces wouldn't make any sense.
3. No non-LEGO pieces. Painted and slightly modified parts are allowed.
4. Each entry MUST have proper articulation, as it will be more realistic to animate and the pieces won't bend beyond recognition while they are being animated. Exceptions for this can be made if the builder specifies which piece can be altered in order to improve articulation, but don't rely solely on that.
5. Any entry that doesn't follow these rules will be disqualified. Although, a disqualified entry can be re-entered if it has been reworked to fit the rules. If your entry has been disqualified three times, you will no longer be able to enter any more designs.
Other contest rules apply (ie. no stealing designs, no old MOCs, etc...)
There is no deadline in this contest. We will stop accepting entries for a rahi once it's time to make a 3d model of it. We will also not accept entries for which we already have models (only Nui-Jaga and Fikou atm).
Each winning entry will go through a review conducted by the LotT team. The entries that pass the review will appear in Legend of the Toa as NPCs, and the builders will be named in the game's credits.
How to enter:
Entries should be linked to in the comments section of this topic. It would be preferred if people in the Facebook group would enter there. Otherwise, I'll just post a link to the entries in the main entry thread in the PO facebook group. Each entry must have a how to with it as well. It is preferred that you use a hosting site for the images(MOCPages, Flickr, Brickshelf, etc), and link to it in the entry document. An entry does NOT need to be added to the group in order for it to be considered valid.