MOCpages : Share your LEGO® creations
LEGO models my own creation MOCpages toys shop 23rd Century UniverseSpace and science fiction
Welcome to the world's greatest LEGO fan community!
Explore cool creations, share your own, and have lots of fun together.  ~  It's all free!
Conversation »
The Barrens (A text based adventure)
Join to comment
 Group admin 
*You awaken in a barren wasteland. Sand dunes rise and fall, obscuring most of your vision. To the north a plume of dark smoke can be seen in the distance. To the west, rocky crags can be seen, potentially offering refuge from the heat of the sun.*

//Say whatever you would like to do, I will most likely combine many of the suggestions into the actions of the next update. I will try and tell you before hand when I will update next, and stick to it. If there is no suggestions I will leave it open for longer. Not sure if MocPages has a global time setting, or if it can be changed. If its global, I'll use that as deadlines. I can probably update multiple times most evenings, perhaps once/twice earlier in the day. Let me know if once and hour is too frequent, and you feel like you are missing out. (no guarantees it will stay every hour)
Permalink
| November 29, 2011, 10:30 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Spaztastic the Diabolical
You see before you an empty thread. Obvious exits are north and west. What do you do?

IM: Retrieve arms from ground.
Permalink
| November 29, 2011, 10:31 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant


We better be in 23rd Century. If we are: Let's look at our uniform, see what side we're on.

If we aren't: http://www.ragemaker.net/images/Angry/33.png
Permalink
| November 29, 2011, 10:38 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Awesome-o-saurus The Not-So-Great

At this time, I will only say it is relevant to the theme.

Also, I realize 9:00pm is subjective, so 10 minutes.

And Spaz, autocorrect is not my friend.
Permalink
| November 29, 2011, 10:43 pm
 Group admin 
Well, if we ain't got no clothes, we had better find some. GO WEST. Edit: South, seems west isn't up there anymore.
Permalink
| November 29, 2011, 10:55 pm
 Group admin 
*You head aches, and seem to have difficulty remembering why you are here. You examine yourself to see if you are badly injured.

You are sore in several areas, and feeling swelling on the left side of your head, along with a dried bloody wound.

You are wearing some form of uniform, marked with a familiar looking emblem, however you cannot recal what it means. In addition, you are wearing a parachute, but it appears it did not fully deploy.
*
Permalink
| November 29, 2011, 10:58 pm
 Group moderator 
Any wreckage near you at all?
Permalink
| November 29, 2011, 11:01 pm
 Group admin 
Curse your vagueness, Bryant!
Permalink
| November 29, 2011, 11:09 pm
 Group admin 
The next update will be on the hour. In regards to wreckage, consider the smoke...
Permalink
| November 29, 2011, 11:17 pm
 Group moderator 
Well...CONVERT THE PARACHUTE AND WRECKAGE INTO A WIND POWERED LAND SURFER.
<.<
Permalink
| November 29, 2011, 11:18 pm
Survey the area...
Permalink
| November 29, 2011, 11:20 pm
 Group admin 
*While still having difficulty thinking straight, you begin to build a sail for a wind powered vehicle, before you realize there is currently no wind, and no supplies nearby to finish it with.

You decide to take a closer look at your immediate surroundings. You find small twisted pieces of metal, scattered loosely in the area. Although not usable, you wonder if they are related to the smoke in the distance.

Taking a closer look at your supplies you find that some sort of animal has eaten any food you may have had, judging by the small footprints and opened packages. You find roughly 3 liters of water sealed in a large container, along with a pair of binoculars. The is also a rifle a few meters away from you, but judging by the way it is bent, it probably does not work anymore.

Taking a closer look at the smoke you see that it is rising almost straight into the sky, but seems to be less intense than before.

The crags nearby seem like they could provide shelter. As you look away, you notice a glint of light coming from the base of one of them.

The sand dunes around you looking tiring, and offer no refuge.*

Next update available in about an hour.
Permalink
| November 30, 2011, 12:01 am
 Group admin 
Geez, we need some duct tape.
I take the water, binoculars, and rifle-shaped-club and move to the glint in the distance.
Permalink
| November 30, 2011, 12:10 am
 Group admin 
look for anything living, plant or animal, to eat. om nom nom. In case you find an animal that looks tasty, fashion yourself a spear using a sharp strip of metal.
Permalink
| November 30, 2011, 12:15 am
 Group admin 
*Deciding that there's no reason to stay here, you gather up your supplies, clumsily stuffing the parachute into its pack and slinging the bent rifle across your back, unsure if it will work or not if you need it. Before you head you check for anything edible, but unfortunately the area is desolate, and the animal tracks are already fading back into the sand as it slowly settles once again.

Checking all pockets and pouches, of which there are many, you manage to find some small nutrient bars, as well as a multi-tool, some of which you don't even know what they are for. Some basic survival gear, including a solar torch(glorified lighter) and large knife. You gather up some of the sharper pieces of metal and try to fashion an shiv, but the gnarled pieces of metal are of little use, as you cannot straighten them, so you stick them in one of your pouches.

Before heading out, you look through the binoculars to get a better look at the crags. You see a large piece of wreckage, which resembles the front of a vehicle, the glint is coming from a windscreen. Other than that, you can't make out much from this distance.

You head towards the crags and wreck, looking for any signs of hazards, you do not see anything out of the ordinary.

As you reach the crags, you notice a few small trees near them, and some small overhangs. By the time you reach the crags, you can tell that the night cycle will start in a hour or two, as the sun is nearing the horizon. The wreckage is laying between two crags, and is rather well hidden, however it is little more than a few meters in size.

From here you can see little else in the area, the smoke in the distance is considerably thinner, and will likely be gone by the morning. You make note of its north-east location, as well as the area you awoke in to the east*

There will be one more update tonight, on the hour.
Permalink
| November 30, 2011, 1:07 am
 Group admin 
Examine the wrecked vehicle, attempt to find out:
what it is;
what side it is on;
the state of the vehicle.

scout our the interior if you can get inside, but flip out the sharpest or most lethal looking attachment on your multitool to use as a close combat weapon, just in case. Find out what the glint is, if you can't get inside the vehcile any other way, smash the windshield out completely and climb in.
Permalink
| November 30, 2011, 1:16 am
 Group admin 
*You make your way over to the wreckage. As you get near, you discover it is the cockpit of a larger craft, however, the rest of the vehicle cannot be found.

There are bits of metal in the area in similar shape and size as where you woke up, leading you to believe leave they are the same wreck, but most of the vehicle is uncounted for. You look at the front of the cockpit, it is badly damage and crumpled inwards. It seems that it collided head on with one of the crags. Looking back at the area where you woke up in, you can see a clear path in line of sight, but the shadows would have hidden the wreck from a distance.

As you make you make your way around the wreck, you notice an emblem on the side which matches the one on your uniform, but you still do not remember what it means. As you come to the back you find many large tangled pieces of metal, conduit, wires and other debris.

Unsure of what could be inside, you pop out one of the more useless looking, yet shape tools on the multi-tool just in case. You push the debris out of your way, and find another man crushed into the apparent drivers seat. The console and control panel in front of him had mangled his lower body and trapped him in place. You notice that he is wearing a similar uniform, but is considerably lighter. In his hand is a signal mirror, the sun had been reflecting of it some time ago, and was the glint you had noticed, he appeared to be trying to get aid from you, but likely died long before you reached him.

The electronics within the cockpit are likely beyond repair, even if you knew how.*

The next update will not be until the morning, at the earliest, possibly noon, but likely not till the late afternoon.
Permalink
| November 30, 2011, 2:08 am
 Group admin 
Updated first post with more general info on the game itself, let me know what you think.
Permalink
| November 30, 2011, 2:47 am
 Group admin 
Quoting SISE .
Ok, can anyone give a quick explanation on what is this? No time to read all the thread.

second comment
Permalink
| November 30, 2011, 5:24 am
 Group admin 
I'm off to bed in a minute (it's nearly 2am here >.>) so I'll just get one more in:


remove the dead man from the wreckage, and lay him down somewhere, close his eyelids, and cover him in stones and pieces of wreckage, for the sake of dignity and respect to your fellow man.

gather anything that looks remotely burnable/flammable, and make a fire for the rest of the night, next to the wrecked c-ckpit, and partially under it for shelter. Try and catch a couple of hours sleep, or at least rest for the long day ahead, but only light napping at the most because you don't know what could be lurking...
Permalink
| November 30, 2011, 9:39 am
 Group admin 
Quoting SISE .
(...) No time to read all the thread.

Unfortunatly there is very little that can be said to help you there, as to try and participate, you will need to read all the information provided, and try a notice and little details that could aid you as you try and determine what to do. My only real recommendation is to wait until you have a chance to read the longer posts by me, which give you information on your surroundings.

The next update won't be for roughly 5.5hrs, so there is plenty of time to try and catch up.
Permalink
| November 30, 2011, 1:30 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting SISE .
Dude...

Quoting myself .
(...) No time to read all the thread.

that is why I suggested you read the second comment in this thread, so that you know what this is about. That was question was it not?
Permalink
| November 30, 2011, 4:42 pm
 Group admin 
It can get cold in those desert crags...
Try and wrap yourself after cleaning up any wounds.

Dig a hole and place some form of collector into it. Place some kind of clothe over it and find a nice rock to put on the middle of the clothe. When water moisture moves to the hole, it *should* condense on the rock and drip into the collector. EDIT: this can only occur during the night when the sun doesn't evaporate water.

Also, you should try and make an effort not to talk to yourself in third person perspective.
Permalink
| November 30, 2011, 6:41 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Matt the Backward One
Also, you should try and make an effort not to talk to yourself in third person perspective.


Its more "about" yourself, than "to" yourself :P
Permalink
| November 30, 2011, 6:51 pm
 Group admin 
*You attempt to remove the dead man from the wreckage, however he is too tightly trapped, and you decide to instead to take his identification and seal up the opening to the wreck with some of the debris. You then place his ID on the front of the windscreen out of respect should someone come to recover the wreckage.

As the evening draws closer, you then make preparations for the night. You remove your parachute and cut it into smaller pieces, to wrap yourself in for warmth at night, and then you proceed to break branches off the nearby trees, a rather easy task do to them being dry and brittle. You get a fire going, and set aside what you hope is enough wood for the night.

You also dig a hole and place an removable pouch from your uniform in it, assuming its waterproof, to try and collect water over night.

As night comes, you try and sleep in short intervals, but exhaustion over comes you, and soon you fall deep asleep.*

The next update will be in about an hour, and you should plan ahead for the morning. However, things may not go according to plan.
Permalink
| November 30, 2011, 11:12 pm
 Group admin 
hmm...

Sit deep in thought for the early hours of the morning (while it's still dark) and try and summon up any memory, long or short term, about who you are or how you got here. Even childhood memories would help.

When it starts to get light, climb atop the highest point of the wreckage, and look for an interesting looking landmark, a ruined outpost-tower, a satellite dish, more wreckage, anything that looks man-made, or any sign of life at all, whether plant or animal, or human. Store the condensed moisture in any sort of air-tight pocket or contained you carry.
Permalink
| December 1, 2011, 12:02 am
 Group admin 
Well, I'll leave the next update till tomorrow, its only fitting. And then more people can chip in as well.
Permalink
| December 1, 2011, 1:54 am
 Group admin 
My sons, I am disappoint.

Let's not lose momentum on this game yet, please. It was starting to get awesome.
Permalink
| December 1, 2011, 10:25 pm
 Group moderator 
Quoting Danny Morgan
My sons, I am disappoint.

Let's not lose momentum on this game yet, please. It was starting to get awesome.

You seem to be doing all the responding, and I agree with your points. So...I don't say anything.
<.<
Permalink
| December 1, 2011, 11:02 pm
 Group admin 
Yeah. Not much point in saying what you already said.
Permalink
| December 1, 2011, 11:12 pm
 Group admin 
/metric
Permalink
| December 1, 2011, 11:54 pm
 Group moderator 
Quoting Spaztastic the Diabolical
Hey SISE! I finally found an answer to why America insists on using the Imperial system for measurements. It's in our Constitution. Right up there with rooting out counterfeiters and battling pirates.

I'm not joking.

And why we spell words without excess letters like the totally unnecessary 'u' in colour. Saves on ink and writing graphite.
Permalink
| December 1, 2011, 11:59 pm
 Group admin 
I agree with Zee over Zed though.
Permalink
| December 2, 2011, 12:02 am
 Group admin 
Perhaps. I grew up on American Sesame Street for four years.
Permalink
| December 2, 2011, 12:14 am
 Group admin 
I Canadian zoos we have zedbras...
Permalink
| December 2, 2011, 12:54 am
 Group admin 
Alrighty then, I had been leaving it open in case others were wanting to add something. I guess to avoid that in the future you could just say "ditto" or something. Guess its time to write up the next section...
Permalink
| December 2, 2011, 1:24 am
 Group admin 
*You are awoken abruptly in the earlier morning, as the sound of rotor's roar by above you. Two transport aircraft fly overhead, at very low altitude, you guess between 100-200 feet. As they zip by, you are only able to note their heading as north-east from your location, and their markings are starkly different than those on your uniform, and the small portion of a wreck you are near.

With all the commotion, you are eager to find out what is going on, you quickly check to see if you collected any water overnight, but the dry air in the wasteland yielded only a few drops, which you drink so as not to waste them.

You climb atop the wreckage, hoping to get a better view at where the aircraft went, but your view is obscured by the crags.*
Permalink
| December 2, 2011, 1:37 am
 Group admin 
Rotors... That's Earthman technology! We must be Tarsin.
Permalink
| December 2, 2011, 2:12 am
 Group admin 
Quoting Awesome-o-saurus The Not-So-Great .

Funny how little subtleties like that make it all the more interesting to find out, than me blatantly telling you...
Permalink
| December 2, 2011, 2:25 am
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant
Funny how little subtleties like that make it all the more interesting to find out, than me blatantly telling you...


Canon-master Awe knows his stuff. No doubt, whatever Danny posts we will all agree with, so we'll see what Danny suggests. We'll be watching...
Permalink
| December 2, 2011, 2:31 am
 Group admin 
Quoting Ultramarine .
And why we spell words without excess letters like the totally unnecessary 'u' in colour. Saves on ink and writing graphite.

maybe, but the mixed up "re" in some words like metre and theatre are a nice touch to English-English... coz theater and meter are way too mainstream
>.>
<.<
<.>
Permalink
| December 2, 2011, 12:14 pm
 Group admin 
as for the adventure.... hmm...

If possible, make our protagonist have a short flashback that might give clues as to how we got here and how to get out, once you see the UNE symbols overhead on the rotor-wings.

Check color of uniform to see how well it blends into the landscape. If you're a tan-colored soldier, you're good, but if you're wearing space-marine fatigues you might want to quickly cover up the stark whiteness of the uniform, with rags and dust and mud and stuff

Once you're all camo'd up, head for the crags and find a way up them to get a view of your surroundings.
Permalink
| December 2, 2011, 12:23 pm
Quoting Danny Morgan
coz theater and meter are way too mainstream
<.>


Serjeant.
Permalink
| December 2, 2011, 2:44 pm
 Group admin 
Update ETA, t-minus 4 hours.



ish.
Permalink
| December 2, 2011, 2:45 pm
 Group admin 
*You come to the realization, that those aircraft were likely not friendly, and make sure your uniform doesn't betray you from a distance. However, your uniform is a sandy tan color, and unlikely to reveal you from a distance.

Dismounting the wreck, you decide to climb the higher crags instead, likely being able to see much better from a high vantage point. You still feel weak though, and about forty-five minutes later you reach the top, exhausted. You take a drink from your supply(2.5L remain) and eat part of your rations(1.5 meals remain) You then take out your binoculars and look around for any signs of activity.

To the far north you see a hair-line thick patch of green, running most of the length of the horizon, perhaps indicating a way out, but it is a fair distance away, and you would run out of supplies before reaching it.

To the north-east you see ground activity. Half buried in the sand you can see the remain of a transport aircraft, with a large debris field in the area. Near to it, are the two aircraft you saw earlier, personnel are just beginning to disembark, but you cannot see very well from this distance.

To the north lays a smaller rock-formation, which you likely give you a better vantage point, but will take time to get to get unnoticed, should the personnel at the crash site look in that direction.

To the south you see an endless desert, with little to offer but death.

To the east you see the area you recovered in.

To the west you see an endless dessert, likely a hallucination.

The crag itself has many cracks in its rocky surface, and you can easily fit your hand in between them. Other than a few small dry fruitless plants, there is little that is interesting up here.*

I recommend you take a closer look at your equipment, perhaps some things can be remedied.

Sorry for being 2.5hrs late.


Permalink
| December 2, 2011, 9:20 pm
 Group admin 
Hmm... If that green is on the horizon, then surely it can't be too far away? It really depends how tall the mountain we're on is. Forty-five minutes could be anything, depending on the rate of altitude per horizontal distance traveled.

Anyways, we should look over what we've got on us, and see how long it can last at maximum.
Permalink
| December 2, 2011, 9:31 pm
 Group moderator 
Quoting SISE .
Ok, I have time this afternoon: I'm pissed, and when I get pissed, I like to read; so I'll read this thing up.
Danny, I actually mentioned "I don't have time to read five-inch-tall-posts". My bad.
Spaz, that's a cool story, bro. It's nice you guys know your Constitution, I wish more people here knew ours. Sadly, only us law students and law professionals know it.

Hm. I wonder why 'pissed' can get through the filter..
<.<
Permalink
| December 2, 2011, 10:16 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Spaztastic the Diabolical
Awe, I think the point of this game was for nobody to know what side the character is on.


I don't see that anywhere. All I know is that the UNE has multiple rotorcraft, and the Coalition has none.
Permalink
| December 2, 2011, 11:39 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Spaztastic the Diabolical
Awe, I think the point of this game was for nobody to know what side the character is on.


Not immediately, but there were going to be hints along the way, and a major section is coming up where you find out regardless. But Awe picked up the first one. I considered leaving it even more generic, with simply engines instead of rotors.
Permalink
| December 2, 2011, 11:53 pm
 Group admin 
I know I need to do these things; evaluate what supplies I have and how long they will last, see what supplies the fallen pilot had (and take what I need), and evaluate everything that seems useful in and around the wreck. (That last one goes for things like clues, salvageable tech, little critters, etc.)
Permalink
| December 4, 2011, 6:40 pm
 Group admin 
I check the crashed aircraft for any copcakes.
Permalink
| December 5, 2011, 12:24 am
 Group admin 
turns out I'd rather go forth, and try and get closer to the landed aircraft to investigate my unknown enemy further, but that conflicts with other's orders, so I guess it's up to Aidan

I don't think there is much else to check out in the remains, after all it is only a small section of the aircraft, the c-ckpit, and anything useful we would have noticed when we climbed into the small space of c-ckpit.

Also, climbing all the way back down the crag could
A- be dangerous, and
B- tiresome, and we need to conserve our energy.

Overall I am strongly opposed to going back to a place we spent a whole night, evening, and part of a morning at.
Permalink
| December 5, 2011, 1:14 am
 Group admin 
Fixed some directional errors in the last post, and when you say "forth" I need a direction, even if there is only a few good choices. Anyway, you can treat the "west" option the same as "south."

Next update won't be until tomorrow.
Permalink
| December 5, 2011, 2:10 am
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant
Fixed some directional errors in the last post, and when you say "forth" I need a direction, even if there is only a few good choices. Anyway, you can treat the "west" option the same as "south."

Next update won't be until tomorrow.

North East, towards the landed enemy rotorwings,
Permalink
| December 5, 2011, 2:15 am
 Group admin 
Yesss..... Come to us.....
Permalink
| December 5, 2011, 9:09 pm
 Group admin 
*You take a close look at your supplies. You have 2.5L of water which will last you two days at the most, as long as you avoid strenuous activity. You food supplies will likely last until tomorrow, assuming the same. Your combat knife looks like its never been used, but that is likely because the alloy is incredibly strong and does not dull easily. The multi-tool has all you basic tools, as well as some that you do not know what use they have. Although at first you thought the rifle would only be useful for a blunt smack on the head, it appears that merely the stock is bent, however, the angle it is bent at makes it very difficult to hold or aim, you think with enough leverage you could straighten it. You examine your boots hoping for another weapon, but merely find instructions on emptying water from the boots written on the heel.

You decide to get closer to the new aircraft and observe the activity. You surmise that the descent from the crags is easiest the way you came up. You make the climb in about 15 minutes, as you already know the path. You contemplate searching the wreck and pilot in the area for supplies, but decide against it, as you have already laid him to rest.

You begin walking towards the landed aircraft, taking care to keep out of view. As you get closer, you observe the site through your binoculars.

It appears that there were survivors from the crash, but the have been rounded up by the new arrivals, and appear to be prisoners. Other personnel from the other aircraft, which have landed close to each other, have been salvaging equipment from the wreck, and pilling up fuel cells, explosives and other equipment between the two craft.

The apparent commander appears to be having communication problems as he is shaking his radio and shouting at the other personnel.

You count about twenty men moving about around the aircraft and about five survivors. While you try and note the movement patterns, one of the prisoners attempts to overpower a guard and is shot several times. In the ensuing panic, more guards react and soon all the prisoners are dead. The commander is clearly outraged. After a reprimand the guards the join in the salvage operation. The group is searching near an engine section close to the landed aircraft.*

I should be able to get one more update tonight.
Permalink
| December 6, 2011, 10:44 pm
 Group admin 
I say we should still head for the distant green line. Might be a river or forest.
Permalink
| December 6, 2011, 11:05 pm
 Group moderator 
Agreed.
Permalink
| December 6, 2011, 11:36 pm
 Group admin 
Ok, not to disappoint, but at this time I'm not going to let you get there, but you will be going there later.
Permalink
| December 7, 2011, 12:11 am
 Group admin 
How about I go West?
Permalink
| December 9, 2011, 11:45 am
 Group moderator 
Go west, young man, go west!

Also, I will be taking an interest in this very shortly. I've only got one more final left this coming Thursday, so I'm practically done. I had three projects and two finals this week, so yeah...
Permalink
| December 9, 2011, 11:54 am
 Group admin 
Quoting Matt the Backward One
How about I go West?


Looking for some endless dessert?

Permalink
| December 9, 2011, 2:26 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant Looking for some endless dessert?
Yes. I hope they have Vanilla Ice Cream.
Permalink
| December 9, 2011, 2:29 pm
 Group admin 
(This is one of the rare times I like homophones.)
Permalink
| December 9, 2011, 2:31 pm
 Group admin 
Well, I think it's a bad idea to go to endless desert, and it's a bad idea to say high to the Earthmen... So what else can we do? We can't go to the green line... What's south of us?
Permalink
| December 9, 2011, 3:03 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Awesome-o-saurus The Not-So-Great What's south of us?
Endless desert.
But the West has Ice Cream.
Permalink
| December 9, 2011, 3:06 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Awesome-o-saurus The Not-So-Great
Well, I think it's a bad idea to go to endless desert, and it's a bad idea to say high to the Earthmen... So what else can we do? We can't go to the green line... What's south of us?

I recommend taking a close look at the details of the crash site. There is some information to let you get through there area safely or less than safely if you so choose. I'll do my best to keep the character alive, but poor decisions like running into a desert may end the game for everyone.
Permalink
| December 9, 2011, 3:22 pm
 Group admin 
Don't leave us hangin brah.
Permalink
| December 15, 2011, 6:22 pm
 Group admin 
I need instructions to proceed.
Permalink
| December 15, 2011, 8:17 pm
 Group admin 
Our only choices are to go towards the enemy, or to go back to where we were. South and west are blocked off, we can't go north yet...

Permalink
| December 15, 2011, 8:25 pm
 Group admin 
Wait until they leave, then search the area for any usefull supplies. Hopefully there is a communication device on one of the dead prisoners.
Permalink
| December 16, 2011, 12:05 am
 Group admin 
Quoting Awesome-o-saurus The Not-So-Great
Our only choices are to go towards the enemy, or to go back to where we were. South and west are blocked off, we can't go north yet...

Yes, but how do you tackle the enemies? Do you walk right up and say hi? Do you sneak around? Do you utilize opportunities to remove them in an instant? It do you wait, but how long will it be before they leave? Will more come to better collect wreckage? Only I know for sure...
Permalink
| December 16, 2011, 2:40 am
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant
Yes, but how do you tackle the enemies? Do you walk right up and say hi? Do you sneak around? Do you utilize opportunities to remove them in an instant? It do you wait, but how long will it be before they leave? Will more come to better collect wreckage? Only I know for sure...


Let's lurk around until they leave. Then we sneak over there, and... see what we find.
Permalink
| December 16, 2011, 6:37 pm
 Group admin 
*Deciding a frontal confrontation to be suicidal, and other opportunities too risky, you wait for the personnel to leave on their own. Unfortunately this does not seem to be happening anytime soon.

Well over an hour later, the personnel are still milling about the crash site, when you notice that from the west a large sandstorm is approaching. The personnel at the crash site notice as well, and begin to hurriedly load what they salvaged and make preparations to leave. The storm is approaching at incredible speed, and will likely reach you and the site in less than forty-five minutes. Unable to move closer to the site without exposing yourself, you are forced to wait until they leave, about fifteen minutes later, leaving half an hour until the storm reaches you. As soon as the aircraft are out of sight, you rush to wreckage, first and foremost seeking shelter. The main wreck opens to the west, and likely holds more supplies, but would offer little to no shelter, the seems to be plenty of twisted metal on the east side, which would provide shelter but no guarantee of supplies. The general debris in the area would likely not offer shelter or supplies. Parched from the sun, you drink another half liter of water.*

It was hard to pull myself away from SW:ToR, but it had to be done. Sorry for the wait.
Permalink
| December 19, 2011, 2:28 am
 Group admin 
I say shelter takes precedence over supplies with an incoming sandstorm. HIDE, HIDE NOW FOR YOUR LIFE.
Permalink
| December 19, 2011, 2:37 am
 Group admin 
I agree with Awesome on this one.
Permalink
| December 21, 2011, 4:56 pm
 Group admin 
*You quickly seek shelter in the eastern side of the wreckage, as even with the storm a ways off, the winds are kicking picking up and flinging sand into the air. As you trudge past the majority of the wreck, you see that it is most likely the rest of the one you encountered in the crags, noting emblems that match both it and the one on your uniform.

Finding a suitable looking opening in the eastern part of the wreck, you examine your new shelter. This part of the wreck seems to have held up quite well, save for some obvious blast points. You step inside, and have difficulty seeing much, but from what you can gather, this was ironically the emergency exit of the craft, and seems to have taken a direct hit from some sort of armor shredding warhead. The wreck continues farther back, but you cannot see very well.

Around you lay scattered items, debris and a boot.

Outside is the main wreck site and an incoming sandstorm.*
Permalink
| December 23, 2011, 9:18 pm
 Group admin 
Well now, time to hunker down.
Permalink
| December 25, 2011, 2:39 pm
 Group admin 
You sure you don't want to do anything more productive than sit there?
Permalink
| December 25, 2011, 9:10 pm
 Group admin 
Well, we could fortify it against sand, look for useful things, and maybe make a mask and goggles or something. Sand... It gets everywhere.
Permalink
| December 25, 2011, 9:42 pm
 Group admin 
I make a sand castle.
Permalink
| January 4, 2012, 1:47 am
I bury myself alive in sand and commit suicide by choking/suffocating on sand because death is better than playing the game :)
Permalink
| January 8, 2012, 4:49 pm
 Group admin 
Come now, that's a little harsh, it's just been two weeks of me completely forgetting about this, that's much better than a certain other game on this group's update periods, cough cough. Anyway there should be an update sometime today.
Permalink
| January 8, 2012, 5:07 pm
Quoting Aidan Bryant
Come now, that's a little harsh, it's just been two weeks of me completely forgetting about this, that's much better than a certain other game on this group's update periods, cough cough. Anyway there should be an update sometime today.

Lol. What is this other game?
Permalink
| January 8, 2012, 5:28 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Delta Kevin 22
Lol. What is this other game?

Lmao! The fact you have to ask pretty much makes my point. This group was created for the COP and UNE to have battles over strategic systems in the universe via orders sent to combat moderators and the results written out for everyone to see.

That was literally the entire purpose of this group.
Permalink
| January 8, 2012, 6:51 pm
 Group admin 
Maybe if the Coalition would get their bloody orders in >.>



I'm not bitter.
Permalink
| January 8, 2012, 7:16 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting John Moffatt Coalition
You mean Ian and Awe?
Permalink
| January 8, 2012, 7:18 pm
 Group admin 
You could say that.
Permalink
| January 8, 2012, 8:17 pm
 Group admin 
Well, as you can guess, I didn't write the next part.
Tomorrow I should have it done.
Permalink
| January 9, 2012, 3:29 am
 Group admin 
*As the sand storm approaches, you attempt to plug the large hole that you came through with some of the remains of your parachute, although difficult, you manage to erect a sort of screen. In addition you make a mask for yourself, although difficult to breath through, it should keep some sand out.

You search the immediate area, being a sort of airlock, for supplies or other useful objects. You examine the boot and find it oddly heavy, on the side it has straps where it appears a weapon had been holstered. In one of the corners you find a flashlight, and a few powercells are scattered in the area.

Before the storm arrives, you think you hear a faint beeping coming from deeper in the craft.

Shortly after, the storm arrives, and a howling wind can be heard along with metal heaving and tumbling.

While waiting for the storm to pass, you become bored. You sit down near some sand that is damp with hydraulic fluid, and begin forming with your hands. As some time passes, you begin to make it into a building. Soon the building becomes very familiar. You keep adding and removing from it until you realize it looks like a citadel from your homeworld. It strikes you that you had been to this building shortly before coming to this planet, but you know they are not the same, nor do the inhabitants of this world share your way of life.*
Permalink
| January 9, 2012, 6:34 pm
 Group moderator 
icwatudidthar
Permalink
| January 9, 2012, 6:44 pm
 Group admin 
We should check out that beeping once the sandstorm has passed. In the meantime, let's continue sand citadel building.
Permalink
| January 9, 2012, 7:02 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant It strikes you that you had been to this building shortly before coming to this planet, but you know they are not the same, nor do the inhabitants of this world share your way of life.
Whoa. If, "this world [does not] share your way of life" refers to the one were the Citadel was on, then things are going to get very interesting.
Oh, and I agree with Awesome. Theres not much else to do at the moment.
Permalink
| January 9, 2012, 9:44 pm
 Group admin 
*You pass the time by continuing to sculpt the citadel. Sand continues to enter every crack in the hull, and soon the cracks seem to become plugged, and the sand stops rapidly filling the wreck. Less and less light comes through the screen, as more sand piles up against it, you are glad put it up.

As the sandstorm continues, the noise from the outside becomes more muffled, and quiet. Soon you begin hearing the beeping noise again, comming from another part of the wreck, down what seems to be a corridor, but you cannot see very far back as it fades to blackness.*
Permalink
| January 10, 2012, 2:14 am
Quoting Aidan Bryant
Lmao! The fact you have to ask pretty much makes my point. This group was created for the COP and UNE to have battles over strategic systems in the universe via orders sent to combat moderators and the results written out for everyone to see.

That was literally the entire purpose of this group.


Oh, lol i forgot the 23CU War game entirely lol. BTW earlier i was joking, but its too late for me too join anyway. So my first real post and most likely only one:

"I decided that this whole quest is pointless, and give up on life. I take out the most beastly long looking knife you've ever seen and stab myself through the face with it."

Permalink
| January 10, 2012, 6:45 pm
 Group admin 
Follow the bloody beeping.
Permalink
| January 10, 2012, 8:27 pm
 Group admin 
examine your gun. Is it an energy weapon, or ballistic. what ammunition does it use. will those power cells you found in the wreckage work with the weapon, if it is an energy weapon. How many bullets do you have, if it is a ballistics weapon.
Permalink
| January 11, 2012, 3:09 am
 Group admin 
*You decide to take a look at the source of the beeping sound you can hear, however, before you do you take another look at the your weapon. The weapon appears operational as no major external damage is visible, aside from the metal stock being bent inwards making it very awkward to handle. You figure with enough leverage you could straighten it. It has a magazine inserted. Upon examining the magazine, you see that it is loaded with the same type of energy cells that you found in the airlock. Looking at the flashlight you found, it also uses the same cell, leading you to believe its a standardized military cell.

You turn on the flashlight and begin heading down the corridor towards the beeps. As you walk, your boots echo loudly down the hallway. As you near a doorway, a sudden loud short scream is heard, followed by a loud thud. You pause hesitantly by the door.*
Permalink
| January 12, 2012, 5:40 pm
 Group moderator 
Turn off your flashlight. You don't want to frighten the Witch.

Hopefully someone will get my reference.
<.<
Permalink
| January 12, 2012, 6:35 pm
 Group admin 
Don't worry, that one is pretty easy to get.
Permalink
| January 12, 2012, 7:50 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Josh B.
Turn off your flashlight. You don't want to frighten the Witch.

Hopefully someone will get my reference.
<.<


Bad memories, bro.
Permalink
| January 12, 2012, 8:01 pm
 Group admin 
Check that the weapon is loaded and that the safety if off, if it has one. Bang on the door from off to the side and yell something like "What the [cupcake] is going on in there!?" if I remember how to speak. Then raise gun and wait.
Permalink
| January 12, 2012, 8:37 pm
 Group admin 
*You quickly shut off your flashlight, and raise your rifle. You check the safety, which you discover as an odd instinct, as the rifle has none and you should know that. You then shout out "What the [copcake] is going on in there?"

As the words leave your mouth you are taken aback again. They come naturally and flow effortlessly, yet somehow feel... wrong.

You do not dwell on it long, however, and focus on the task at hand. You hear no response from the room, only the storm, the beeping noise, and water dripping on the floor.*
Permalink
| January 15, 2012, 12:04 am
 Group admin 
We could probably find a light. Can't remember if we have one or not... In fact, now I'm not even sure if it's dark.

In any case, forwards!
Permalink
| January 15, 2012, 12:35 am
 Group admin 
Breach and clear!
Permalink
| January 15, 2012, 12:59 am
 Group admin 
Quoting Awesome-o-saurus The Not-So-Great
We could probably find a light. Can't remember if we have one or not... In fact, now I'm not even sure if it's dark.

In any case, forwards!


Yep, you have a flashlight, and infact, just turned it off in response to the scream. As for darkness, still near pitch black without flashlight on.
Permalink
| January 15, 2012, 4:08 am
 Group admin 
*You flip on your flashlight and rush around the corner, ready to open fire. What you find, surprises you. You find what appear to be a communications room, another soldier in the same uniform, and the source of the beeping. What surprises you, however, is the other soldier. He must have taken you for an enemy, and killed himself, rather than be captured. You are confused by his methods though, as he appears to have rammed a large knife into his face. The dripping noise is blood from him, dripping on the floor.

The beeping noise is coming from one of the consoles, and there is a message displayed on the screen.

You remember this room. You were here many times, along with other soldiers, receiving orders via the comms system. You never operated the equipment yourself, as "regulations" did not permit it.

Aside from the soldier and beeping console, you see several datapads on the floor, though they look damaged. There are also radios here, but you are unsure if it would be wise to use them, as the other soldiers likely have acquired one as well.

The hallway you left continues down some stair into another area, or you can return to the airlock.
Permalink
| January 17, 2012, 2:22 pm
 Group admin 
@ Dripping face: seems legit...
Keep the gun up.
Permalink
| January 18, 2012, 9:59 am
 Group admin 
WE'RE NOT ALONE.

Gun up, keep going into the ship. Lets see if anything in here works.
Permalink
| January 18, 2012, 9:07 pm
 Group admin 
Oh Kevin, now look what you made me do...
Permalink
| January 18, 2012, 10:28 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant [COPcake]
Heh, nice touch.
Quoting Aidan Bryant As the words leave your mouth you are taken aback again. They come naturally and flow effortlessly, yet somehow feel... wrong.
I knew it!
Quoting Aidan Bryant What surprises you, however, is the other soldier. He must have taken you for an enemy, and killed himself, rather than be captured. You are confused by his methods though, as he appears to have rammed a large knife into his face.
I somehow figured you'd have a third 'faction' of sorts after you gave away the soldier's identity and other, deeper, identity. I just hope its not xenomorphs. Formics especially.
_____ _____ _____

Search deeper! Diving into this mystery will reveal much in terms of what has happened and what will happen. But first, I'll re-arrange all my gear so I can reach it in a flash. (It'll be handy for those semi-hopeless scenes were you're pinned down.) Salvage what you can of the dripping water, if its safe, and salvage any of the other soldiers' supplies. (Food is invaluabe, but handy things like shovels and basic electronics are great.) attach the flashlight to your gun, if possible. (A free hand is so much more efficient.) I'll try and take note of every little detail. (Large, claw-like scratches in the thick, metal walls should be a sure sign of danger.) I'll also make a mental note of the general layout of the structure, in case I need to leave in a hurry. (Air vents count, too!)

Strangely, I feel as if some backward guy is projecting thoughts to me somehow... Oh, well.
Permalink
| January 19, 2012, 7:34 pm
Quoting Aidan Bryant
*You flip on your flashlight and rush around the corner, ready to open fire. What you find, surprises you. You find what appear to be a communications room, another soldier in the same uniform, and the source of the beeping. What surprises you, however, is the other soldier. He must have taken you for an enemy, and killed himself, rather than be captured. You are confused by his methods though, as he appears to have rammed a large knife into his face. The dripping noise is blood from him, dripping on the floor.

The beeping noise is coming from one of the consoles, and there is a message displayed on the screen.

You remember this room. You were here many times, along with other soldiers, receiving orders via the comms system. You never operated the equipment yourself, as "regulations" did not permit it.

Aside from the soldier and beeping console, you see several datapads on the floor, though they look damaged. There are also radios here, but you are unsure if it would be wise to use them, as the other soldiers likely have acquired one as well.

The hallway you left continues down some stair into another area, or you can return to the airlock.

it was a joke. I thought i implied that clearly enough, but apparently not. but it was worth it. ROFL you have no idea how hard I laughed at seeing that.
Permalink
| January 20, 2012, 1:16 am
Quoting Aidan Bryant
Oh Kevin, now look what you made me do...

Again...

Rolling
On the
Floor
Laughing

Ands it's not my fault you killed me off (It totally is), plus I'm not satisfied. You didn't emphasize the size of the knife or the severness of the wound. Since, this is the 23CU for all you know I could have survived.

I expect(no, DEMAND!) more random people stabbing themselves in the face in this story. Next time make the knife bigger. WAY BIGGER, with WAY MORE BLOOD(jk about the blood part). And make me have a personality. Maybe I talk, or just shout something weird like "Donuts predict the future!" before I kill myself :P
Permalink
| January 20, 2012, 1:27 am
 Group admin 
Quoting Delta Kevin 22

Orginally it was intended to be just a joke referencing your comment, however, it had given me some interesting ideas on how to continue.

Quoting Matt the Backward One

You may wish to reconsider collecting that "water."
Permalink
| January 20, 2012, 2:51 am
 Group admin 
*Coming to the realization that the other soldier did not plunge a knife into his own face, you quickly raise your rifle back up preparing for anything.

Cautiously, you approach the dead soldier. You examine him, looking for any gear, or supplies. He had a ten energy cells, two meal bars, a pistol, a basic supply kit and a radio. You try to remove the knife from his forehead, but its serrated blade has latched on, deep in his skull.

You decide to use the pistol in the close quarters of the wrecked ship, and strap your flashlight to it with some adhesive strips found in the supply kit.

You take a moment to remember the way out, and then continue on exploring.

You head into the hallway and follow it down the stair case. You end up in another hallway, resembling a barracks. There are twenty doors along the hallway, ten on either side, at the end of the hallway there are three more doors, however, two of them are collapsed and buried with rubble and sand. You examine the floor, and find scattered drops of blood, but in no great amount or pattern, and they soon stop a short way down the hallway.

The storm continues to pummel the outside of the ship, but is even more deafened as you descend. As the sound of the storm becomes more quiet, you can hear metal groaning, electrical sparks, fluids dripping, low thuds coming from different parts if the ship, and still some sounds of machinery.*
Permalink
| January 20, 2012, 4:40 pm
What??? Are you saying that I was murdered?!? That's even worse than suicide. If I'm (as in my nameless random character) going to die, it's because i rammed a beastly long looking knife into my face, but fine.

I seem to have grown fond of killing myself in this story, so pretend I magically have two lives and I am now a different person who is still alive.

"I realize that this game sucks, and that I must die for the cause of awesome suicide references. Next, I pull out a grenade from my belt ('Let's say I have one'). I say one last prayer, and shout DONUTS PWN RABBITS BECAUSE THEY HAVE HAIR AND DEFY GRAVITY! ('I jsut though of that randomly now') before pulling the pin and shoving the grenade into my mouth ('LOL I expect this to be in the adventure!').

...BOOM!"

ROFL it's so fun making me randomly kill myself in dramatic ways.
Permalink
| January 20, 2012, 6:11 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant You try to remove the knife from his forehead, but its serrated blade has latched on, deep in his skull.
I'm not sure about the Tarsin variety, but I doubt any genetically normal Earth Human would be able to do that on his own. How long until we get man-sized bugs chasing after us, trying to stop us from acquiring the Awe-vermind?
Quoting Aidan Bryant
I love how you tried to 'quit' me earlier.
Quoting Aidan Bryant low thuds coming from different parts if the ship
Well, not much to do. Keep exploring until the formics come!
Permalink
| January 20, 2012, 8:50 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Matt the Backward One
I love how you tried to 'quit' me earlier.

Say again? I don't get it? Also, I can see that comment being misused...
Permalink
| January 20, 2012, 9:32 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant Say again? I don't get it? Also, I can see that comment being misused...
Didn't you make a typo in trying to make a quote when you accidentally typed 'quit?'
Permalink
| January 20, 2012, 9:35 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant

The storm continues to pummel the outside of the ship, but is even more deafened as you descend. As the sound of the storm becomes more quiet, you can hear metal groaning, electrical sparks, fluids dripping, low thuds coming from different parts if the ship, and still some sounds of machinery.*


DIS IS SUM STRAIGHT UP DEAD SPACE S---!

I say we go deeper. Straight down the hall.

Quoting Matt the Backward One
I'm not sure about the Tarsin variety, but I doubt any genetically normal Earth Human would be able to do that on his own. How long until we get man-sized bugs chasing after us, trying to stop us from acquiring the Awe-vermind?


Maybe they have power suits. I don't know, but man-sized bugs aren't my thing, I prefer St Bernard-sized bugs. But I prefer to use zombies most of all. Silent, half-rotten zombies with metal teeth and claws. They never make a sound, other than their footsteps as they follow you.
Permalink
| January 20, 2012, 9:37 pm
Quoting Delta Kevin 22
ROFL it's so fun making me randomly kill myself in dramatic.

He was SUCH a masochistic person...

Permalink
| January 20, 2012, 10:25 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Matt the Backward One

Ah yes, now I remember.
Permalink
| January 20, 2012, 10:36 pm
 Group admin 
Say on awesome catchphrase, put on sunglasses, continue down the dark hall.
Permalink
| January 20, 2012, 11:02 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting John Moffatt put on sunglasses
Despite the hall being dark. Nice.
Permalink
| January 20, 2012, 11:15 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Matt the Backward One
Quoting John Moffatt put on sunglasses
Despite the hall being dark. Nice.


Relevant 80s song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2LTL8KgKv8&ob=av3e
Permalink
| January 20, 2012, 11:39 pm
 Group admin 
Though the video has been "blocked in my country" ([cupcake] you, America!) I know the song. Suitable, I'd say. Also, I'm amazed matt hasn't instructed our hero to hide behind me yet.
Permalink
| January 20, 2012, 11:55 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting John Moffatt I'm amazed Matt hasn't instructed our hero to hide behind me yet.
<strikeout>Our hero doesn't know he's UNE, yet!</strikeout>
Permalink
| January 21, 2012, 12:20 am
 Group admin 
Quoting Matt the Backward One Our hero doesn't know he's UNE, yet!

Not wanting to give too much away, but later on decisions will be, tough, especially with divided interests.
Permalink
| January 21, 2012, 2:00 am
 Group admin 
Quoting Awesome-o-saurus The Not-So-Great

Btw, just for reference, what type of effect do plasm-x weapons have? I thought I remembered something like a controlled bolt of lightning.
Permalink
| January 21, 2012, 2:03 am
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant
Btw, just for reference, what type of effect do plasm-x weapons have? I thought I remembered something like a controlled bolt of lightning.


It's a very narrow, very straight, and very fast beam of super-heated material; plasma. It breaks the sound barrier when it fires, so sonic booms accompany shots. Very good penetration values, but the lighter weapons lack area of effect. Basically a sniping weapon, when you think about it...
Permalink
| January 21, 2012, 2:55 am
 Group admin 
Quoting Awesome-o-saurus The Not-So-Great

Now, is the beam constant, ie a phaser from star trek, or broken into small "bolts" ie star wars? Also any colour preference? Or can troops set their favorite :P
Permalink
| January 21, 2012, 11:19 am
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant
Now, is the beam constant, ie a phaser from star trek, or broken into small "bolts" ie star wars? Also any colour preference? Or can troops set their favorite :P

I believe they work like a phaser in the beam respect, but the firing time is very short. That combined with the sonic boom and light blue color would explain the lightning idea.
Permalink
| January 22, 2012, 12:57 am
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant
Now, is the beam constant, ie a phaser from star trek, or broken into small "bolts" ie star wars? Also any colour preference? Or can troops set their favorite :P


well, it's an unbroken beam. A solid line of bluish-white light that lasts for a split second, from the gun to target. You know those purple spots you get in your eyes if you look at something really bright for too long? You get those from seeing it. So it's like a lightning strike, really really fast, almost instant.
Permalink
| January 22, 2012, 2:10 am
Quoting Jake Almondy
Quoting Delta Kevin 22
ROFL it's so fun making me randomly kill myself in dramatic.

He was SUCH a masochistic person...

What does masochistic mean? Is that good? Does it have to do with pancakes (LOL?)?
Permalink
| January 23, 2012, 7:52 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Delta Kevin 22
What does masochistic mean? Is that good? Does it have to do with pancakes (LOL?)?


Masochistic means you enjoy getting hurt.
Permalink
| January 23, 2012, 8:00 pm
 Group moderator 
Don't forget to look up when walking down the hallway...
Permalink
| January 23, 2012, 11:17 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant
Now, is the beam constant, ie a phaser from star trek, or broken into small "bolts" ie star wars? Also any colour preference? Or can troops set their favorite :P

Aside from what Awe said, PlasmX is hardly a stealth weapon- it makes an enormous sonic 'boom' upon firing. There are also varying cartridges, compatible with different PX weapons, and most PlasmX rifles have 'settings' to modify the strength of the beam, the lowest being able to incapacitate a human without killing it, and the highest being able to burn through tank armor (although not most Coalition tank armor). Mechanical targets may be damaged or even disabled by plasmX through the EMP-similar effects the energy bolt has on electronics. Organic targets will receive a relatively small entry burn hole, and third degree burns all over (and inside) their body. It is not uncommon for organics to ignite upon receiving a PX beam.

Hope that helped. Awe or Ian may correct me on this, but I'm fairly sure that was what was agreed upon.


Btw, I may start getting involved properly in the 23CU again next month, hopefully.
Permalink
| January 24, 2012, 12:09 am
 Group admin 
Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about it, just having to think about how to deal with situations comming up, and playing SW:ToR :D
Permalink
| January 24, 2012, 11:48 am
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant
Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about it, just having to think about how to deal with situations comming up, and playing SW:ToR :D

That game any good?
Permalink
| January 24, 2012, 12:14 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting John Moffatt
That game any good?

Very good actually. I never played WoW or any other major mmo, including runescape, but found it very easy to start playing and learn as you go. Gameplaywise, I hear it's very similar to WoW, but improved on many different levels and aspects. Again, this is what I've heard from other people, including friends of mine who have played WoW since release and say they could never go back after playing ToR.
Permalink
| January 24, 2012, 2:29 pm
 Group admin 
Nifty. I might have to look in to it.
Permalink
| January 24, 2012, 11:07 pm
 Group admin 
*After taking a quick look at the ceiling, you proceed slowly down the hallway. The doors on either side are either closed, damaged or open to reveal three double bunks per room, and sealed lockboxes.

You slowly continue down the hallway, towards the doors at the other end. You notice that the hallway has been slanting upwards as you walk. Various noises continue to sound as you walk, but you quickly realize one is the sound of a second set of footsteps.

You quickly whirl around gun at the ready, and are confronted with a man in the same uniform, charging at you with a knife, very similar to the one you found earlier.

In a split-second reaction you fire right at him. A deafening sonic boom blares and echos throughout the ship, and in the darkness of the hallway, the sudden flash temporarily blinds you. As you stumble about, you hear the man groaning, guaranteeing you hit him.

As your eyesight returns, and the ringing in your ears fade, you find the man slouched against one of doors, clutching at a incredibly painful looking wound to his stomach.

When he notices you, he tries to stand, but fails, and shouts angrily. "Its you! Of course another one of them had to survive, just my [copcake] luck. You and the rest of them. I hated the sound of the op from the start. As if one [copcake] experiment wasn't enough, they had to try a few more." While speaking he coughs heavily, spitting up blood, mucous, and a dark liquid. "I should never have agreed to this. I knew this would go sour..."

He notices a confused look on your face, and studies you. "You don't remember do you. You don't remember anything?"

You slowly shake your head. "What exactly am I supposed to remember? What do mean others?"

He coughs up more fluids, "[copcake] you. You nearly melted me. Not much time left... The mission? Do you remember that at least? We were sent here to disable one of many planetary cannons." He coughs more violently than before. "[copcake]. To open a staging ground for the main force. That piece of [copcake] generator they stuck in here was supposed to shield us from their scanners, but that trash cut out during decent." A thick viscous fluid begins running out of his nose. "... God. Your only chance to get of this planet, is to finish the mission, otherwise you'll end up a corpse, or like one of turncoats. I figured you were insane like them, too bad for me..." He violently shakes, coughs hysterically, and slowly dies in the hallway.

You see his body, and in one hand is a datapad, the other, his knife. It seems he was headed down the hallway, but hid from you.*
Permalink
| January 25, 2012, 1:13 am
 Group admin 
Tarsins? Going turncoat?

IMPOSSIBRU.
Permalink
| January 25, 2012, 1:23 am
 Group admin 
Quoting Awesome-o-saurus The Not-So-Great
Tarsins? Going turncoat?

IMPOSSIBRU.


[blank] just got real!

Seriously though, you'll get no spoilers from me. You want to know whats going on, you'll have to find out!
Permalink
| January 25, 2012, 1:28 am
 Group admin 
Take, activate, read data pad
Permalink
| January 25, 2012, 2:25 am
 Group admin 
Let's hope it isn't in High Tarsin or Old Tarsin. If this guy isn't a noble, it's really doubtful he could read either. And since he's here, I don't think he's a noble.
Permalink
| January 25, 2012, 3:14 am
 Group moderator 
Give that man a hug. He needed a hug. Then take anything useful of his.
Permalink
| January 26, 2012, 6:24 pm
 Group admin 
So I heard you like updates.
Permalink
| January 30, 2012, 7:40 am
 Group admin 
Updates? Impossibru.
Permalink
| January 30, 2012, 10:32 am
 Group admin 
You want the updates? You can't handle the updates! They currently only exist on a higher plane of life, unattainable by modern man.
Permalink
| January 30, 2012, 7:55 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant
You want the updates? You can't handle the updates! They currently only exist on a higher plane of life, unattainable by modern man.


You need updates like me on that wall!
Permalink
| January 30, 2012, 7:56 pm
 Group admin 
*After the man stops moving, you deem it safe to examine him. You take the datapad and rather large knife, not unlike the other you previously found. You are able to see the extent of this knife, and that the upper two thirds of the blade are serrated. While making in more useful as a tool, it would likely be difficult to remove from a stabbing action. He was carrying another flashlight with five energy cells, a meal bar, and approximately a liter of water. Half of the water you store with you supplies, and you eat the meal bar and drink the other half of the water. You find no other useful items.

You take a moment to look over the datapad, looking for any information.

---USER DETECTION...
---TEST SUBJECT 15 CONFIRMED...
---PREPARING REDUCED BRIEFING...
---...
---...
---ARRIVAL AT DROP SITE AT 01:00.00
---FORM INTO TWENTY UNIT BLOCKS OF FIVE
---BLOCK LEADER GIVEN INDIVIDUAL TRANSPORT
---MEMBERS RIDE TWO AND TWO
---PROCEED TO TREE LINE ASAP
---ESTABLISH FORWARD OUTPOST AS FALLBACK
---UNIT BLOCKS COORDINATED BY COMMAND STAFF
---OBJECTIVE: NEUTRALIZE PLANETARY CANNON AND
---SECURE DROP ZONE
---OBJECTIVE: ELIMINATE ALL HOSTILE FORCES
---OBJECTIVE: HOLD STAGING AREA UNTIL RELIEVED
---...
---...
---END*
Permalink
| January 31, 2012, 6:28 pm
 Group admin 
If Awe would be so kind as to give me a more suitable term for "fireteams" as I see that as more of a UNE term.
Permalink
| January 31, 2012, 6:31 pm
 Group admin 
I should use that word more often.
Permalink
| January 31, 2012, 9:46 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant
If Awe would be so kind as to give me a more suitable term for "fireteams" as I see that as more of a UNE term.


Use block. Tarsin gunpowder came much later in relation to it's industrial abilities, so it's natural they'd keep a more archaic naming system for infantry formations.
Permalink
| January 31, 2012, 9:56 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Awesome-o-saurus The Not-So-Great

Thank you, the post has been downgraded.
Permalink
| January 31, 2012, 10:09 pm
 Group admin 
So I heard you guys like updates. Problem is, without instructions there are no updates.
Permalink
| February 4, 2012, 12:08 pm
 Group admin 
Yell "chums up, let's do this!" in Tarsin, and just run in there.
Permalink
| February 5, 2012, 11:54 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting John Moffatt
Yell "chums up, let's do this!" in Tarsin, and just run in there.


It'l probably sounds like someone spilled a bag of consonants and threw in a few i's and o's.

But yeah, let's do this.
Permalink
| February 6, 2012, 12:03 am
 Group admin 
Quoting Spaztastic the Diabolical LEEEEROOOOOY
JEEEENKIIINS

Yeah, I went to Blackwing Lair and got my title, yawl.
Permalink
| February 6, 2012, 7:56 pm
 Group admin 
I like the Warcraft theme too much.
/refuses to play ToR

Now then, hows about we go deeper? Oh, and eat something; we don't want to starve our hero, do we?
Permalink
| February 6, 2012, 8:12 pm
 Group admin 
Starving is bad. I approve of this plan.
Permalink
| February 7, 2012, 7:37 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Matt the Backward One
I like the Warcraft theme too much.
/refuses to play ToR

Now then, hows about we go deeper? Oh, and eat something; we don't want to starve our hero, do we?

I like the Star Wars theme too much.
/refuses to play WoW

I hope you two realize that the character just ate a meal bar. That's right, an entire meal compressed into a convenient bar form.

Quoting John Moffatt
Starving is bad. I approve of this plan.

I don't think its a good idea to have more than one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98ViBJzPmqs

Next update should be up tonight. My internet was glitchy yesterday. :/

Permalink
| February 7, 2012, 8:32 pm
 Group admin 
*In the hopes of drawing out any other would-be attackers, you shout out:
"Chums up! Let's do this!"
You then run down the hallway, pistol in hand, knife in your off hand. However, no one comes out to meet you. You come to the end of the hallway, and go through the only open doorway. The sound of the sandstorm had been deafening slowly, but has completely stopped, and has likely finished. The area you find yourself looking into is a large cargo bay, partially filled with sand. Sparks from damaged cables still sputter out, so you know there is power in the ship. You see what appears to be several small vehicles, some suspended from the rafters, others strewn about, some that have been mangled, as well as evidence of activity, tracks leading to the main external hatch. A console in the room has been tampered with.

About the bay there is no signs of life. Several bodies are scattered about, most laying in awkward positions or partially visible, and likely died in the crash. Others, however, appear to have been shot or stabbed. You can also see equipment bags laying around, as well as some lockers.*
Permalink
| February 8, 2012, 12:21 am
 Group admin 
Pistol? where'd you get that?

Anyway, loot the bodies, then examine the vehicles more closely, maybe find one that works. If this is indeed a Coalition ship, and it sounds like the vehicles are quite small, one man probably, then perhaps consider having these as the vehicles, as I know of no smaller manned land vehicles MOCs in the COP:
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/236393
Permalink
| February 8, 2012, 2:05 am
 Group admin 
Quoting Danny Morgan

The pistol? A while ago. I forget exactly when.
As for the vehicle, that's pretty much what I had in mind, save for a two-man variant.
Permalink
| February 8, 2012, 2:19 am
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant Several bodies are scattered about, most laying in awkward potions
We've an alchemist aboard! First theres endless dessert, and now potions?
I say, "Drink the potion!"
Permalink
| February 8, 2012, 4:50 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Matt the Backward One

Yes yes. Although dessert was intentional.
Permalink
| February 8, 2012, 4:52 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant Dessert was intentional.
It had better be Ice-Cream.
Permalink
| February 8, 2012, 4:56 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Matt the Backward One It had better be Ice-Cream.

"It's whatever your imagination wants it to be!"
Permalink
| February 8, 2012, 4:57 pm
 Group admin 
If any of the vehicles look like they fly, hop in and start pressing buttons, twirling dials, and flicking switches.
Permalink
| February 8, 2012, 9:43 pm
Matt has officially been epically dissing Aiden's spelling.

PS: AHEM!!!!! Where's my guy commiting suicide? AHEM!!!!!

Yes, for this post, i am going to attempt to BREAK your game as much as possible.

"Go over to one of the dead guys on the floor and kiss him. Stab him with the knife and drink the blood (YUMMY). Finally, shoot yourself in the foot with the pistol just for the heck of it, make a bed made out of dead people, and go to sleep on it."

MWAHAHAHAHA I'm breaking your game. (But seriosuly, have more people doing crazy things.)
Permalink
| February 10, 2012, 8:41 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Delta Kevin 22 Matt has officially been epically dissing Aiden's spelling.
I'm just taking advantage of potentially funny situations.
Quoting Delta Kevin 22 crazy things
Eh... /ignore
Permalink
| February 10, 2012, 9:14 pm
 Group admin 
In all seriousness, look around a bit and see if you can get a vehicle working.
Permalink
| February 12, 2012, 11:33 am
Investigate the bodies. Find out exactly why they died. Then examine the vehicles. Maybe one works. And if one of the people are alive, interrogate them. Then a bullet to the head to end their pathetic life. >:D
Permalink
| February 17, 2012, 4:20 pm
In all seriousness , please have more people doing random crazy things please. LOL, Matt just shunned me after reading my insane crazy post intended to break the game. Being serious now...

Inspect the dead people, examine them for anything of note, check their uniforms for insignias that may give away their faction, and weapons. Not tat we need any weapons now, but if they have a plasma weapon we could replace our pistol. Also, inspect the bodies for gunshot or stab wounds to determine the cause of death. Lastly, find any other materials of use on them. I'm not sure about getting in the vehicles because we have no memory, so where would we go?
Permalink
| February 18, 2012, 9:42 pm
 Group admin 
Suppose I should update this again shouldn't I? Yeah, got really busy as of late and ended up forgetting about this. I will try and get around to it. Meantime, back to watching Castle in the Sky.
Permalink
| February 23, 2012, 4:15 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant Meantime, back to watching Castle in the Sky.
Great movie.
Permalink
| February 23, 2012, 6:03 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant
Castle in the Sky.


Pirate tech: Earthmen
Army tech: Tarsin
Laputa tech: Zyyan

As Ian and I agree. Or at least, I said, and Ian seems not to objected too.
Permalink
| February 23, 2012, 6:13 pm
 Group admin 
Well, looks like we are going to have a conflict, to ride or not to ride. I now request a vote. As there are other things to cover, I should be able to postpone the vehicle situation till next update, till then VOTE!
Permalink
| February 23, 2012, 10:44 pm
 Group admin 
To ride, of course!

Btw, imma get active soon and start renovating this group, there's just some shiz going on in the other wargame group. Thanks for your patiences
Permalink
| February 23, 2012, 11:05 pm
I vote not to ride!
We have no memory! Where the crud would we go???
Permalink
| February 26, 2012, 11:55 am
 Group admin 
Ride! But first, finish up here. Then we drive to the green line from way back when.
Permalink
| February 26, 2012, 12:40 pm
 Group moderator 
Ride now... Ride now... Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!
Permalink
| February 26, 2012, 12:59 pm
Ride- Ride for Rohan!
Permalink
| February 26, 2012, 2:01 pm
 Group admin 
*You examine the bodies strewn about the area. Most appear to to have died from blunt force trauma, likley from the crash. Some of them were stabbed or shot, and an unlucky few, both. All the men are wearing the same uniform, matching yours, but they have all been stripped of equipment. The ones who appear to have been attacked were near the consoles, more around the one which has been tampered with. You notices cables rerouted from that console to the cargo door.

You examine many of the vehicles, most all of which have bent axles, missing parts or in one case with a driver impaled into the seat with a large beam. Half buried you find one vehicle which looks promising. After digging it out, and hoping it's not overly clogged with sand, you try an fire it up. With a bit of effort, the engine finally engages. The vehicle has room for two, or a supply bag on the back. Unfortunatly, the main exit is sealed, and there is no other way to get the vehicle outside.*
Permalink
| February 26, 2012, 6:49 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant
After digging it out, and hoping it's not overly clogged with sand, you try an fire it up. With a bit of effort, the engine finally engages. The vehicle has room for two, or a supply bag on the back.


KACHAN DISC-DRIVE ONLINE.

KR-8 READY FOR SERVICE.
Permalink
| February 26, 2012, 8:13 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Awesome-o-saurus The Not-So-Great
KR-8 READY FOR SERVICE.

DATABASE ERROR
VEHICLE SIZE EXCEEDED
Permalink
| February 26, 2012, 8:18 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant
DATABASE ERROR
VEHICLE SIZE EXCEEDED


IMPOSSIBRU.EXE
Permalink
| February 26, 2012, 9:03 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Awesome-o-saurus The Not-So-Great

IMPOSSIBRU.EXE

PROBLEM.BAT

Permalink
| February 26, 2012, 10:08 pm
Since we can't, and for that matter shouldn't ride the vehicle, that leaves us with a limited number off options here.

'Examine the vehicle's memory banks. Where did it last go? What were its previous destinations. Maybe take the vehicle on a test run around the hangar(or wherever we are) to see if you can fly/drive it. Eat another meal bar so you don't starve, and check the vehicle for other materials of use. Lastly, remove the emblem on your uniform. Apparently, around here people don't like your faction, so we shouldn't draw unnecessary attention to ourselves.'

(I'm thinking if we can drive, we should find the sealed door codes, open it, and hitch a ride somewhere. Earlier I was being cautious. We could end in a fiery death if we didn't remember how to drive a vehicle and attempted so)
Permalink
| February 26, 2012, 10:24 pm
 Group admin 
Gun it straight for the wall!
/totally not playing for the UNE
Permalink
| March 2, 2012, 3:31 am
 Group admin 
*You examine the vehicle, looking for any kind of databank, or other form of information. The vehicle does not have any sort of data storage. All you can tell from examining the vehicle is that it has experienced recent trauma, likely do the violent crash, but otherwise appears to be factory quality.

You start up the vehicle, and it runs almost flawlessly, as it is very rugged. You drive around the cargo bay to get used to the slightly skewed steering. After a few minutes, you decide to ram the bay door to open it.

Gunning it at full speed, you aim for the door. As the vehicle collides with a metal thud, you are thrown directly at the door. The hard impact knocks you out cold, and re-opens your old head injury.

You awaken some time later, and no longer hear the storm at all. You look at the vehicle and besides a new dent on the front, it seems fine.*
Permalink
| April 11, 2012, 11:23 pm
 Group admin 
Fine
Permalink
| April 12, 2012, 8:07 pm
 Group admin 
Aw, but I was having more fun throwing you at walls :P
Anyway, you'll need to put a little more effort than "find the control panel," as that's alittle broad.
Permalink
| April 12, 2012, 10:02 pm
 Group admin 
Isn't the room dark, or did we find a light? Let's find a light switch somewhere on the door. With luck, that's were the control panel will be, too. Feel for intentions on the wall and press random buttons until something happens. :D

And twirl the combat knife very dangerously while whistling innocently. That ought to make some bad guy come out.

Also, is that condensed food bar done yet?
Permalink
| April 12, 2012, 10:16 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Matt the Backward One intentions on the wall
Er, indention.
But if the wall has a secret intention, I would very much like to know.
Permalink
| April 12, 2012, 10:19 pm
 Group admin 
Well, there isn't a rule against using that flashlight you guys found a while ago...
Permalink
| April 12, 2012, 10:33 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Aidan Bryant Well, there isn't a rule against using that flashlight you guys found a while ago...
Oh...
Then there's that.
Permalink
| April 12, 2012, 10:36 pm
 Group admin 
*You feel rather hungry after awakening, and so you eat a meal bar.

Once you feel satisfied, you decide to remove the emblem from your uniform, in the hopes of making you less of a target. You doubt its effectiveness, as your uniform as a whole will likely give you away, but you do so none the less.

You decide to search for the control panel, as its likely the bay door could withstand a beating, since it is designed for re-entry of atmospheres. As you search the bay, again you see the tampered console, as well as a few panels on the wall opposite the door, as well as a few consoles lined up behind the rafters supporting additional vehicles.

As you move about, you whistle to yourself, in an effort to draw out any would be attackers, knife at the ready.

You hear a loud explosion come from the area you entered the ship. Sand streams off walls and objects it had been resting on, as the area shakes slightly.*
Permalink
| April 14, 2012, 12:39 am
 Group admin 
Investigate that explosion!
Take a vehicle with you. :D
Permalink
| April 14, 2012, 12:44 am
 Group admin 
I say we take our gun, and go deeper into the wreck. If there's a bay with vehicles, chances are that a nerve center will be above us, because if you can land and deploy cars, you're gonna want the highest vantage point you can get for landing, and the lowest possible delivery point for the cars. Therefore, the control center must be above us. Look for a ladder.
Permalink
| April 14, 2012, 1:09 am
 Group admin 
Well, you guys will have to figure out which action you want to take. Can't go in two different directions.

I'm not going to lie to you, Awe has the right idea in regards to layout, but getting there is a little more in depth than a ladder.

And you might not have time to reach it...
Permalink
| April 14, 2012, 1:17 am
 Group admin 
Bleh
Permalink
| May 1, 2012, 1:45 am
 Group admin 
I did my best... But it wasn't enough.
Permalink
| May 1, 2012, 2:13 am
 Group admin 
What awe said, but search for another door off to the side of the room. If there's a window above it there's a decent shot it could lead up to the next level.
Permalink
| May 7, 2012, 12:41 am
 Group admin 
What awe said, but search for another door off to the side of the room. If there's a window above it there's a decent shot it could lead up to the next level.
Permalink
| May 7, 2012, 12:41 am
I'm stumped. If we can't do what awe says, then I don't know what to do.
Permalink
| May 7, 2012, 5:53 pm
 Group moderator 
Remove your gear. Cover yourself in mud to mask your heat signature, and forge a bow and some arrows from the scraps around you. Stay above ground, and set up some traps.

<.<
Permalink
| May 7, 2012, 6:26 pm
This used to be fun. Why'd this thread go dead?
Permalink
| January 24, 2013, 6:43 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Delta Kevin 22
This used to be fun. Why'd this thread go dead?


OP got a real life, I guess.
Permalink
| January 24, 2013, 8:57 pm
 Group moderator 
Quoting Awesome-o-saurus The Not-So-Great

OP got a real life, I guess.

What's a 'real life'?
Permalink
| January 25, 2013, 7:32 pm
 Group admin 
Quoting Josh B.
What's a 'real life'?


That is a question for men with long beards and skinny arms.
Permalink
| January 25, 2013, 7:46 pm
Quoting Josh B.
What's a 'real life'?

According to Hollywood, a real life is defined as:
social circle that includes a drug dealer, several friends with benefits, a girlfriend/boyfriend or two, lots of partying buddies, and a few best friends whom you actually enjoy the company of and share activities (such as sports, hobbies, or bands etc.).
Permalink
| January 25, 2013, 8:45 pm
Quoting Jake Almondy
According to Hollywood, a real life is defined as:
social circle that includes a drug dealer, several friends with benefits, a girlfriend/boyfriend or two, lots of partying buddies, and a few best friends whom you actually enjoy the company of and share activities (such as sports, hobbies, or bands etc.).

lol you didnt even mention anything about a job. I guess that seems legit enough for Hollywood.

Permalink
| January 27, 2013, 6:06 pm
Other topics
« The Barrens (A text based adventure)
student teen kid toy play lego child video game hobby blocks construction toy legos fun games



LEGO models my own creation MOCpages toys shop 23rd Century UniverseSpace and science fiction


You Your home page | LEGO creations | Favorite builders
Activity Activity | Comments | Creations
Explore Explore | Recent | Groups
MOCpages is an unofficial, fan-created website. LEGO® and the brick configuration are property of The LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, own, or endorse this site.
©2002-2014 Sean Kenney Design Inc | Privacy policy | Terms of use