I'll find something useful for this group sooner or later, probably later. What it is, I've no idea.
A game borrowed from I-have-no-idea-land, filched from a forum I frequent which in turn stole it from someone-or-other.
Rules of Battle:
1. Declare invasion. You may only invade from your territory into adjacent areas either bordering your nation or on the same seaboard (i.e also bordering the Indian Ocean).
2. Declare the intent of the invasion (i.e. to claim control over a certain amount or section of territory).
2. Both parties roll 3d6 (3 rolls of a 6 sided dice) with even rolls counting as 'hits'. The party with the majority wins.
3. Players each receive +1d6 for each ally either bordering either nation or on the same seaboard that declares itself belligerent.
4. In the case of a draw the attacker can choose to withdraw or both players roll again. Allies may declare themselves withdrawn or other nations may join as allies.
5. Negotiations begin. Don't be a twit. No victory is total but a larger margin of victory must grant the victor just rewards (territory or other concessions). A small margin implies he has fallen short of his goals and receives only partial reward. A defeated attacker (by a wide margin) must retreat and accept that, at this time, he is pacified.
Indicate a piece of land you want to gank on the map and repost the map, on brickshelf, in the same format. It should be about the same size as mine.
We'll declare our actions in the order that land is initially ganked.
Diplomacy is encouraged between turns. alliances are free form but must be declared/undeclared clearly.
Use this link to roll dice, post log/screencaps I guess if people get paranoid. I trust you lot not to cheat. http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm