Decisive Action (Closed)
View all 232
MAP UPDATE: FINAL MAP
This is Decisive Action.
Decisive Action is a MOC-driven war game, run by a mission driven team.
The game begins on or about June 1, and it will END on 31 OCT. At that time, is a player has not already taken every territory on the map, a victor will be declared, and the site will be closed.
Our mission is to help all group members to improve BUILDING and COMMUNICATION SKILLS, and to have FUN.
The Decisive Action team is comprised of the STAFF (MODs, and ADMINS) and Players (You the builder).
In order to achieve our mission, we must accomplish three objectives:
1. Stimulate the production of NEW MOCs on MOCpages.
2. Incentivize QUALITY in building (and presentation) as well as RATING of other players MOCs.
3. ENTERTAIN all team members.
These goals will be achieved while builders play a strategic war game that will last exactly 5 months. After that time, the player who controls the largest portion of land on the map will be declared the winner, and Decisive Action will cease operations.
Harsh truths about Decisive Action:
1. Good MOC beats good talk. The military power of MOCs (in the game) will be determined by the public at large, in the form of positive Ratings (Yellow Heads). Your own claims about how epic your MOCs are, however interesting, will not be used as the basis for evaluating their merit in the game. In other words, a popular tank will be more powerful than an unpopular tank.
2. Decisive Action is not for the timid. Players can lose. Your nation can be completely destroyed by your enemies (other players). This is a fact of war, and Decisive Action is a war game. After total defeat, a player with guts, and the strength to learn from his or her errors, may start again, but in this group, there are no rules to protect you from total defeat.
3. The Decisive Action Staff (MODs and ADMINS) don’t play in the game. We referee, we coach, and we might even advise or cat call… but we do not play in the game. We are unbiased. We are here to run the game, and support the teams mission.
4. Respect is a nonnegotiable requirement for all Decisive Action team members. Remember that we are only playing at war, and not actually fighting one. Failure to show respect for other team members can get you ejected from this team.
5. All MOCs posted in the group pool, and used in the game will be original and brick built. No digital MOCs, and no re-posts from other groups.
6. All MOCs posted in the group pool, and used in the game will be pure Lego. No cutting, gluing, painting, or modifying of any kind. No non-Lego brands or parts. No Brickarms ect.
7. No set of rules is perfect. I will always entertain requests for exceptions. I retain the sole right to allow exceptions to any of these rules on a case by case basis. In the rare cases when I allow an exception, I will offer my reasons. But make no mistake: Decisive Action is ultimately a dictatorship, not a parliamentary debate society.
The rules for the game are posted on the thread entitled “Game Rules.”
Welcome to Decisive Action.
This is a public
No one can add LEGO creations to this group right now.Group rules